Coalition of Communist Crusaders for the Proletariat
September 22, 2018, 03:34:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Task Forces run regularly! Check the forums for details!

Home   Help Search Login Register CCCP Homepage  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: October Star tenative build  (Read 1976 times)
Shyft

View Profile WWW
« on: February 04, 2005, 07:39:40 AM »

Comments please...

Slot[01] Level 1 (Starting Primary) : Healing Aura /Heal,Heal,Heal,Heal,Heal,Heal
Slot[02] Level 1 (Starting Secondary) : Power Bolt /Dmg
Slot[03] Level 2 : Power Blast /Dmg,Dmg,Dmg,Dmg,Dmg,Acc
Slot[04] Level 4 : Heal Other /Heal
Slot[05] Level 6 : Hasten /Rchg,Rchg,Rchg,Rchg,Rchg,Rchg
Slot[06] Level 8 : Resurrect /Rchg
Slot[07] Level 10 : Recall Friend /IntTime
Slot[08] Level 12 : Clear Mind /Rchg
Slot[09] Level 14 : Super Speed /Run
Slot[10] Level 16 : Power Burst /Dmg,Dmg,Dmg,Dmg,Acc
Slot[11] Level 18 : Recovery Aura /EndRec,EndRec,EndRec,EndRec,EndRec
Slot[12] Level 20 : Hurdle /Jump
Slot[13] Level 22 : Health /Heal
Slot[14] Level 24 : Stamina /EndRec,EndRec,EndRec,EndRec,EndRec,EndRec
Slot[15] Level 26 : Regeneration Aura /Heal,Heal,Heal
Slot[16] Level 28 : Maneuvers /DefBuf,DefBuf,DefBuf,DefBuf,DefBuf,DefBuf
Slot[17] Level 30 : Tactics /HitBuf,HitBuf
Slot[18] Level 32 : Adrenalin Boost /EndRec,EndRec,EndRec,EndRec
Slot[19] Level 35 : Explosive Blast /Dmg,Dmg,Dmg,Dmg,Dmg,Acc
Slot[20] Level 38 : Nova /Dmg,Dmg,Dmg,Dmg,Dmg,Acc

Shyft - Gravity / Kinetics Controller
Detkapena - Stone / Stone Tanker
October Star II - Energy / Energy Blaster
TheSoviette

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2005, 09:39:54 AM »

Just a few immediate comments. I'm not sure what your playstyle is going to be (Blastender, Pure Healer, etc), and I'm not really sure how Nrg Blast works (Steve would probably better to comment on that), but:

1) It looks like you are investing heavily in Power Blast rather than Power Bolt. Just skip Power Bolt and you open up an extra power slot somewhere down the line. Usually one or both of your starting Secondaries is a stinker.

2) 6 slot Heal Other. Do not argue [:p]

3) I have my Recovery Aura slotted w/5 Rchg and 1 EndRec. This is NOT a power you want to have lots of down time.

4) Stamina is a debatable path to take with Emps. You have RA, so its not as necessary as it is with pretty much any other build. If you plan on blasting alot, running your toggles, and you have the room...why not? But you can certainly live without it.

Just from how I play/concept-wise I have the Flight, Teleport (for Recall Friend), and Super Speed (for Hasten) pools (that's three travel pools! I'm crazy). Stamina is no real use by itself with that build. With Leadership, I needed it, but couldn't fit it in. I settled on Concealment because it allows you to get into the middle of a fight, pop off your heals and auras without drawing aggro, and its not a huge End hog.

Again, you can live with out it if you need room to fit in other powers/slots/pools.

6) You didn't take Absorb Pain. It can be fairly useful in the lower levels and can be respec-ed out of if you don't like it. Again, a debatable power, but I like having it there for emergencies.

7) The jury's still out on Regen Aura and I haven't taken Adrenaline Boost yet, so no comment on those.

A nice Empathy Guide. Might be a little out of date, but very useful.

The Soviette (CCCP)
Defender
Empathy/Psychic Blast

The Soviette (CCCP)
Defender
Empathy/Psychic Blast
Ursa Minor
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2005, 10:28:49 AM »

quote:
Originally posted by TheSoviette

1) It looks like you are investing heavily in Power Blast rather than Power Bolt. Just skip Power Bolt and you open up an extra power slot somewhere down the line. Usually one or both of your starting Secondaries is a stinker.

4) Stamina is a debatable path to take with Emps. You have RA, so its not as necessary as it is with pretty much any other build. If you plan on blasting alot, running your toggles, and you have the room...why not? But you can certainly live without it.

Comments on comments:

1. At lower levels up to about 18-20, it's good to have both Power Bolt and Power Blast. They do enough damage at lower levels to make you a decent "mini" blaster and do some decent damage for the team while you're waiting for your healing powers to recharge. After 18-20, dump Power Bolt in a respec. The damage you do just isn't worth it.

4. Stamina is highly recommended if you're taking leadership. If you're running three leadership powers plus your other toggles, you're going to drain yourself the first time you start blasting or healing or whatever you do.
Shyft

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2005, 01:11:55 PM »

You can't dump power bolt.  It's the first power in the secondary chain.  I simply don't slot it.

6 slot heal other? *sigh* Alrighty...lemme see what i can do there.

I'm trying to play a combat medic.  A healer than can dish damage in a pinch.

Shyft - Gravity / Kinetics Controller
Detkapena - Stone / Stone Tanker
October Star II - Energy / Energy Blaster
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: