Coalition of Communist Crusaders for the Proletariat
November 23, 2017, 09:27:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Task Forces run regularly! Check the forums for details!

Home   Help Search Login Register CCCP Homepage  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pinnacle Supergroup Job Fair  (Read 2432 times)
bestialboy

View Profile WWW
« on: April 27, 2005, 01:41:01 AM »

The RP Congress is going to be holding a SG job fair on May 9, at 8 PM E.S.T., in between Mynx & Synapse in Skyway City.  I know quite few members have expressed interest in recruiting, and I find recruiting can often be a great deal of fun.  (Haranging new RP'ers regarding the dangers of the capitalist model, or urging them to 'cast off their chains' leads to very funny stuff).   With the new reorganization of CCCP, we have cleared out some space for new members, and 'd like to thank all of the folks that volunteered to move their alts to the Young Champions.  

First off, how do we feel about participation?  I know we normally have a fairly involved recruiting process, but if we are going to have the job fair, we should be prepared to induct them on the spot.  We can always consider them provisionally in the CCCP and boot them if they don't work out.  Is everyone O.K. with that?

I will try to be there on the 9th, but my work schedule can be very hectic at times.  Are there any others who might be able to attend?  No one should feel obligated to go, and there is no set amount of time I expect you to stay.  If no one is there, feel free to leave, but I think you might have fun.

If you are planning on attending the job fair to recruit, let me know.  We need to have at least one person there of official rank or higher to do any necessary inductions, so this may be as good a time as any to consider adding some officers to the depleted officer corps.  I'm sure the players of Carpathia & Svarog will be there with their other project, the N.A.P., so they won't be able to attend.  That pretty much just leaves Untermensch, BB, Soviette, Collective Fist and Khrusch as officers.  We probably could use some new officers in any event.

Bestial Boy
Dark Melee / Dark Armor Mutant Scrapper
Security Level 41

Bestial Boy
Mutant Scrapper
Security Level 50
communard
Commissar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2005, 01:56:16 AM »

I will participate unless something comes up at the last moment that prevents it!

edit:  I would also agree that provisional membership is essential.  New members must be judged on game-play and demeanor ("WTF nOOb!?  Chug herd bigger groups!").

Red Saviour
Robot Sex Proponent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2005, 04:58:16 AM »

Not to be a downer on the job fair, but I find that a well thought-out bio is a great indicator that a player is both a good RPer and willing to make a commitment. I can think of very few players who joined without submitting a lot of information and stuck around for more than a month.

You should make very clear that membership is provisional until they give you what you want: bio, RP demonstration, goodwill, etc. The latest purge is an example of how fair-weather players can be.

communard
Commissar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2005, 05:19:44 AM »

quote:
Originally posted by Red Saviour

Not to be a downer on the job fair, but I find that a well thought-out bio is a great indicator that a player is both a good RPer and willing to make a commitment. I can think of very few players who joined without submitting a lot of information and stuck around for more than a month.

You should make very clear that membership is provisional until they give you what you want: bio, RP demonstration, goodwill, etc. The latest purge is an example of how fair-weather players can be.

Agreed!  Perhaps we should view the job fair just as PR.  If people are interested we can send them to the web site.  On other hand, if someone shows up as Lenin's Ghost, with a background to match, or something and starts RPing from the start there should be an official on hand to bring them in immediately as a provisional.

Agn Stratonik

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2005, 06:34:18 AM »

Whatever you decide, I'll be there.  I have in marked on calendar, next to passing out with bottle of vodka in hand.

- Major (Retired) Agn Stratonik -

- Theodore Roosevelt once said, "Speak softly and carry a big stick."  I say, "Speak in mutters and carry automatic weapons." -

- Colonel Agn Stratonik -

- "Why stand on a silent platform?  Fight the War, F**K the Norm." -RATM
5 Year Plan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2005, 07:24:42 AM »

quote:
You should make very clear that membership is provisional until they give you what you want: bio, RP demonstration, goodwill, etc.

I further agree with this.  Hopefully we can get the web page hosting worked out so we can update our recruiting info.  Until then, I think is a a great example of what we expect in RP behavior (sort of the dos' and don'ts) and what CCCP is.  Also we have our questions/expectations from new players that they should post in the recruitment section ( http://www.fuzzyempire.com/cccp/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1002&whichpage=1 ).  I think we should be crystal clear that it is a provisional membership, and they need to continue the process.  If you don't hear anything else from them on the boards after getting in through the job fair, remove them.

Masters Pride and Power
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2005, 11:33:47 PM »

<edit miles of emoticons>

I see no point to posting miles of emoticons in this thread. If you have something you need to say or even mindless drivel, that's cool. But we don't need garbage.

Moj
bestialboy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2005, 12:15:29 AM »

Er....yeah, that was a bad idea.  Any particular reason why you would do that?

Bestial Boy
Security Level 43

Bestial Boy
Mutant Scrapper
Security Level 50
Agn Stratonik

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2005, 12:51:53 AM »

What the hell are you smoking, Master's Pride?  By the way, I know Communard mentioned that this went well and will there be more in the future?  My job kinda kept me from making the last one [:(!]

- "All our lives we fought against exalting the individual, against the elevation of the single person, and long ago we were over and done with the business of a hero, and here it comes up again: the glorification of one personality. This is not good at all. I am just like everybody else." -Vladimir Ilyich Lenin

bestialboy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2005, 05:06:55 AM »

Agn, I'm sure there will be more in the future, as we seem to be getting more and more turn-out at each one, and alot of the other SG's are very hungry for people.   Really, RP'ing with other groups has shown me that we have an unusually great and active core of creative and fun people in the CCCP.  Even if we never added another member, I'd stick around, but I'm hoping we can continue building on what we already have.

Bestial Boy
Security Level 43

Bestial Boy
Mutant Scrapper
Security Level 50
Soviet Winter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2005, 05:32:04 AM »

Yes this is a very good group!  The creativity and friendlyness (if thats a word even or spelled right) of this group is great.  I have been ejoying my game time with this group!

*** I don't want the world, I just want your half.***

Soviet Winter
CCCP
Pin server
Clearance 31

Natasha's Ghost
CCCP
Pro Server
Clearance 19

Jack Blackmoor
Vir Server
Clearance 19

*** I don't want the world, I just want your half.***

Soviet Winter
Clearance 36

Natasha's Ghost
Clearance 15

Mr. GreenJeans
Threat Level 18

CrushKillDestroy
Threat level 26

http://cgi3.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=toysncomix
belladonnaaura
Commissar

Don't turn around, der Commissar's in town

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2005, 06:51:07 AM »

(hugs)

You guys are the greatest!  I can't tell you how much fun I've had---

Author of GOOD TASTE: The Frequent Die-ers Guide to the Turf, Sand, and Carpet of Paragon City

Your friendly neighborhood all-purpose radioactive offender
Agn Stratonik

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2005, 08:01:27 AM »

quote:
Originally posted by bestialboy

Agn, I'm sure there will be more in the future, as we seem to be getting more and more turn-out at each one, and alot of the other SG's are very hungry for people.   Really, RP'ing with other groups has shown me that we have an unusually great and active core of creative and fun people in the CCCP.  Even if we never added another member, I'd stick around, but I'm hoping we can continue building on what we already have.

Bestial Boy
Security Level 43

**A big thumbs up!** Group hug, anyone?

- "All our lives we fought against exalting the individual, against the elevation of the single person, and long ago we were over and done with the business of a hero, and here it comes up again: the glorification of one personality. This is not good at all. I am just like everybody else." -Vladimir Ilyich Lenin

Masters Pride and Power
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2005, 09:12:42 AM »

sorry it wasnt my fault it was my nephew. by the way i need help getting recruited see my topic.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: